Welcome to FMRo Forum - Football Manager Romania

Welcome to the official forum of the Romanian Football Manager community.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of FMRo Forum - Football Manager Romania by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

If you don't want to create an account on our forum, you are free to join us on our other social media accounts:

- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/FMRo.ro

- Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/fmromania

- Twitter: https://twitter.com/fmro

- Discord: https://discord.com/channels/703942749522755616/703942749992517655

- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fmro.ro/

- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgZCAQazHOyY_9nMspXLnvg

IMPORTANT: In order to complete your registration, a valid e-mail address is required, since we will be sending you there an activation link.

Release Date 05/11/10

Mihai

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • MentholBoy
When you are attempting to create a believable football world, which is the whole essence of the Football Manager series, everyone inside the “game” has to have a personality, just like you as someone playing the game has a personality. We have a bunch of different character types in the game, so you might have players who are ambitious, determined, laid back, need careful handling, will do what they are told, won’t listen to reason – just like real life.

You’ve been able to talk to your players and board inside the game for many years, with manager mind games added a few versions ago, and backroom advice added into Football Manager 2010. With Football Manager 2011, most of these areas have gone up to the next level, and this is what I’ll be blogging about for the next couple of days.

The first major change in this area is that we’ve made the system more “conversational”. What this means is that you can talk to players, staff or the board about multiple topics at the same time, and look to resolve any problems in a better way. This also means that you get instant responses from the conversation too, rather than having to wait to hear back from the player.

A couple of examples.

I want to ask one of my players to try and not use his weak foot so often, but also want him to recommend a player who he’d like to see join the club. In FM2010, I would have had to choose which of these I wanted to ask about, then wait a few days before I had the option to have another conversation with him. Now I can simply ask him the first, try and resolve that (he may say no, and the discussion may continue) and he’ll ask me if there’s anything else to discuss, and I can choose the next option.

One of my players in unhappy, as he wants to move to a bigger club. He comes to me and asks for a move, and I tell him that I have big plans for the club, and I want the club to grow to meet his ambition. He might agree, and decide to stay, but he might also decide that he doesn’t believe me (all of which is driven by his, and my, personality).

If he says he doesn’t believe me, more options open up, and I could either dig my heels in, tell him that he’s disrespecting the club, offer to sell him straight away, at the end of the season, or in the next window. Each player will respond differently to any of these options based on their character, and you could find yourself with a player who becomes even more determined to help the club succeed, or one that just sulks and you have little option to sell him.

There are various different stages of player unhappiness, so you really want to nip it in the bud early if a player is unhappy, or else eventually (and the speed will depend on the players personality), they may go to the press and make their unhappiness public and eventually become so angry that they won’t talk to you at all!

These “manager promises” are also remembered by the player, so if you don’t act on what you’ve said, you could make not only that player even more unhappy, but also make his friends at the club unhappy too. Or vice versa, if a player is disliked by others.

As well as the multitude of options for player interaction that we’ve had in Football Manager for a while, such as being able to ask them to recommend staff or players or change their style of play in training, we’ve added in a bunch of new interaction possibilities too, with some of my favourite new additions to Football Manager 2011 below:

* The ability to tell a player why they’ve been dropped to the reserves.

* A warning for youth players that if they don’t improve, they won’t get a contract

* Being allowed to comment on a players performance in training.

* The option to threaten a player with being transfer listed if their poor performance continues.

* You can even ask a player to be less vocal in the media.

salut Mihai..Cand incepi sa iei comenzile pt fm 2011?sau am dormit eu pana acum :D ?

Si eu sunt interesat, daca se mai face comanda. Daca nu, il voi ruga pe un amic sa mi-l ia din Anglia.

Off: am uitat sa iti spun, Cosmin(tipul de la Ortec) are numarul tau de la mine, sper ca nu te-a deranjat.

• MentholBoy
The boardroom is the area where you deal with, er, your clubs board. They deal with the finances, how many staff you can take on, transfer and wage budgets, stadiums, training facilities – just like real life, the manager doesn’t tend to get to involved with that side of things, but can make requests of the board and leave it to them to decide.

You’ve been able to ask your board about simple things for a while. Increasing your transfer budget, increasing the capacity of the ground or even ask them to buy you a player if you’ve got a sugar daddy running your club.

With Football Manager 2011, we’ve added in a load of new options my favourite of which are:

Expand the number of coaches or scouts allowed at the club.

Build a youth academy.

Buy a council owned stadium.

Ask to increase the percentage of transfer income to go into the transfer budget.

And my favourite, the chance to ask them to build a new stadium, if your own stadium can’t be expanded due to the local council blocking it.

In last season’s release of Football Manager, we added in backroom advice for the first time. Every few weeks your assistant would come to you and ask for a meeting where all of your staff would give you advice, from recommending players and staff to sign, information about your tactics, how your team compare to others on a variety of different stats, and various bits of information about your players.

It’s a way of allowing Football Manager to have a lot of depth, without it being too overwhelming for the person playing the game – most of the sections were already there, but you had to search them out without this advice and, well, what’s the point of having staff if they don’t give you feedback?

This new system went down pretty well, but there were a few criticisms as well, so we’ve had a bit of a tidy up with the text so that it seems more human, rather than robotic, better advice regarding the signing of young players, and more information added for reasons when suggesting criticising or praising a player.

We’ve also added in more things that you’re given advice about, such as:

Staff suggesting increasing or decreasing the training workload (which ties in nicely with the new training system, which I’ll be blogging out in the coming weeks.)

Staff suggesting training a player in a new position, or for individual training regimes.

Staff suggesting dropping players when they’re in bad form.

Staff advising on how many point are required to survive relegation, or to achieve promotion.

Your staff will also advise you when players are unhappy.

We’ve also added lots of extra options into the manager mind games module this year. This is an area of the game where you can make comments about other teams and managers to try and get an advantage over them in forthcoming matches, or just to try and carry favour with them or your supporters.

There are more than 40 new options in this area, so as with all of the areas of interaction that I’ve written about today and yesterday, I’ve just picked out a few of my personal favourites.

Commenting on players the other manager is targeting.

Commenting on the oppositions pitch condition.

Commenting on a managers transfer style (such as going for big name signings, or concentrating on youth).

Commenting when a manager is hired.

• MentholBoy
The match analysis system made its debut in Football Manager 2010 and acted like the systems managers use in real life to analyse how their players have performed.

It allowed you, after a match, to look at each individual player with a wealth of information about their performance in the match, such as where goals had been struck from, whereabouts on the pitch passes were completed and where tackles and fouls were committed - all on one screen.

With Football Manager 2011, we’ve taken this module to another level, and have not only attempted to provide all of the information that a real-life manager would look at, but more too!

You are now able to see exactly which of your players - or the opposition's - strayed offside during the game, where attacking or defending free kicks, corners and throw-ins occurred, and where the ball ended up.

Rather than just goals, and shots, you can now analyse clear-cut chances and half-chances, and see which players had them, where on the pitch, and what happened.

It’s also not just for individual players any more – you can also see how your whole team, or the opposition, performed at the same time, all on the one post-match tactics screen. It's the perfect way to compare all of your players' performances in one place, and sort out the workhorses from the workshy.

Even whilst I’m typing this, it’s difficult to visualise, so first in the photo slideshow above is a screenshot for you which shows an example of players' movement during the game, in particular running past opponents and straying offside.

Out of all of the new features in this area, my favourites are probably the view for average positions of players during the match, as this really helps you tweak your tactics and player roles for the next match (for example, if your wide midfielder isn’t getting forward enough, you might decide to switch his player role to being a winger, and make him more attacking), and the new heatmap, which shows where players have spent the most time on the pitch during the game either individually, or as a team.

• MentholBoy
Since we started making Football Manager at Sports Interactive, it has always been about a simulating a football world. With over 50 countries' leagues playable and over 5,000 manageable teams in those leagues, it’s very important to us that we replicate each country's rules as accurately as possible.

What a lot of football fans don’t realize is quite how different the rules in different countries are. Take Spain for example, where reserve teams have different names to the first team, and are allowed to play in the league structure. Barcelona (Barcelona Athletic) and Real Madrid (Castilla) both have teams in leagues below them who, of course, can’t get promoted to the same division as their 'parent' club.

Or look at the MLS in America, where the league, not the club, own the players and there’s a wage cap for all clubs which is valid for the whole squad apart from two“marquee” players, who can be paid whatever the clubs want.

Or Brazil, where you play in both regional competitions and national competitions in the same season, with how well you do in some of them contributing to which competitions you then play in for the rest of the season.

With our team of researchers around the world (we have more than 1,000 people out there watching players week-in, week-out, as well as providing us local information and rules) we are in a very good position to be able to replicate these different nuances inside Football Manager 2011, and while there have been literally thousands of minor rule changes that we’ve put into the game this year, I’ve picked out a few here to go through.

First off is the new squad registration rules that are in place for the English divisions this season. To be fair, this isn’t a new thing to us, and we did have it in Football Manager 2010 too. You could actually tell which journalists played the game this summer when they were reporting with disgust that Manchester City were planning on selling players after signing some, as those who had played the game were quite clear that they had to to get their squad numbers down. But we’ve tidied up a few issues with it, in particular separating out the squad number and squad registration screens, so you can still give squad numbers to players that you don’t need to register.

One rule that has also been present in the game before but has now been improved is the one that decides who qualifies as a foreign player in France. There now a link from the game to a website that explains exactly which countries count in France as being colonized.

A fun one in the Turkish league is the rule that if four clubs end up on equal points at the end of the season at the top of the table, there will be a play-off between them to decide who has won the title.

We have even gone as far as adding in accurate support for who would be the Hong Kong continental competition representatives should one club win more than one trophy!

I spoke earlier in the blogs about how we’ve reworked B-teams in the game (like the Spanish teams mentioned above), and this should stop any frustration that people who are managing clubs with B-teams, or managing the B-teams themselves, should face, and make it more lifelike. We’ve spent a lot of time talking to people in the local territories where B-teams are most prevalent and hopefully that will be noticed by anyone who plays Football Manager 2011 in those leagues.

Some examples of that are more control for the managers of the A-team over which players their B-team will get. We've made it easier to move players from the B-team to the A-team and player biographies now take into account B-team performances when they report news on the player.

And to show the level of detail that we go into when we’re looking at these things, we've ensured that if there are eight B-teams in the Danish second division, no more can be promoted, and made sure that players in Spain can play at the B-team until the end of the season where the player turn 23, as long as that player is part-time or amateur.

Cati manageri in the real world negociaza termenii financiari cu jucatorul?

Raspuns: niciunul.

A dori un FM realist refuzand, in acelasi timp, evidenta conform careia managerul nu se identifica cu administratorii/patronii/presedintii de club mi se pare total ilogic. Plus ca scopul jucatorului de FM e sa-si faca echipa, nu sa stabileasca politici financiare. Ce e asa de gresit sa identifici la inceputul sezonului niste tinte de transfer si niste jucatori de care nu mai ai nevoie? Clubul ii va cumpara/vinde, de ce sa ma intereseze detaliile contractuale?

Ah, daca vrem sa fim si chairman, atunci se schimba placa: sa-mi dea SI optiuni suplimentare prin care sa vand actiunile clubului, sa fac refinantari, investitii, constructii de stadioane etc...

Daca te referi la antrenori romani, ai dreptate. Pentru ca ei nu au calitate de manageri.

Spre deosibire de Anglia, unde acolo antrenorii sunt si manageri si ei fac transferurile.

Archived