Welcome to FMRo Forum - Football Manager Romania

Welcome to the official forum of the Romanian Football Manager community.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of FMRo Forum - Football Manager Romania by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

If you don't want to create an account on our forum, you are free to join us on our other social media accounts:

- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/FMRo.ro

- Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/fmromania

- Twitter: https://twitter.com/fmro

- Discord: https://discord.com/channels/703942749522755616/703942749992517655

- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fmro.ro/

- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgZCAQazHOyY_9nMspXLnvg

IMPORTANT: In order to complete your registration, a valid e-mail address is required, since we will be sending you there an activation link.

Imbunatatiri Fml

avlad

We thought it was high time we let you know about some of the exciting new features to expect in the first update (version 1.0.1, expected early next year). To kick off what we hope will be a very community driven item, we're going to let you in on a couple of little-publicised new features. The first that we're talking about today will allow you to get to know your team's fans.

Rob Cooper, FML developer explains……

"Football is nothing without it's fans, they provide the support, the passion, the loyalty, and the money a top side needs to be able to continue to compete – without them everything else falls away. In FML this is no different, so it's about time you got to meet them. .

Every team has a number of fans who will turn up to the games, give their support (or not) and swell the club's coffers by pouring their hard earned cash into the club. However, in FML, as in real life, not every fan is the same. They each have their own likes, dislikes and things they expect from the club. They also all bring different attributes to the games they turn up for – some fans will cheer and chant from the kick off to the final whistle, whilst others are too busy biting their nails to make much noise at all. Others still are too busy paying out huge amounts of cash for prawn sandwiches and champagne to even notice what is happening on the pitch even though those purchases are paying the players' wages!

<h3 style="padding-top: 0pt;">Types of supporter</h3> We have broken down the types of supporters who will attend your team's games into 6 broad categories which are listed below.

Corporates - Corporate supporters are a mystery to most other fans. They turn up to the games and spend vast sums of money to 'support' the side but they do not appear to enjoy themselves at all while they are there, offering very little in the way of atmosphere or support to the matches.

Die Hards - Die Hard supporters are known for their extreme level of passion for their team, as well as the incredible loyalty they show to the side. Any side with a high proportion of Die Hard fans at their matches can expect highly vocal support and a fantastic atmosphere at the ground, however these supporters are not known for spending large sums of money and have a reputation for causing trouble.

Devoteds - Devoted supporters are the bread and butter of a team's supporters and known for their incredible loyalty. Where most people would have pictures of their loved ones, Devoted fans have pictures of their side's players. Any side with a high proportion of Devoted fans at their matches can expect great support and huge amounts of passion, the only drawback being these supporters do not spend huge sums of money.

Families - Family supporters are important for nurturing the fans of tomorrow. Whilst not as passionate as the Devoted or Die Hard fans they nonetheless make their presence felt (often through use of giant Styrofoam fingers).

Glory Hunters - Glory Hunter supporters are fired up when the team is winning, attending matches, giving vocal support and buying merchandise. However, at the first sign of a drop in the team's performance, the Glory Hunter supporters vanish.

Sideshows - Sideshow supporters are not content with simply showing up and supporting the side. Instead they don capes, masks, face paint and wigs and generally go crazy greatly increasing the atmosphere at matches.

<h3 style="padding-top: 0pt;">Club ratings</h3> What each of these types of fans brings to the club is rated in terms of Atmosphere, Loyalty, Passion, Money and Violence, with each supporter type bringing each in different measure.

Of course, every team is unique, so each team in FML will attract a different proportion of each type of fan. A successful, high reputation team will tend to attract Glory Hunters and Corporate fans, whilst a team with a high work rate and loyal players will tend to attract the Devoted fans. Players willing to bend the rules for the team might attract Die Hards but alienate Families whilst a high proportion of Die Hard fans in itself may alienate Corporate fans.

As a result of all these interactions each team will have its own personality which you, as manager will be able to shape by appealing to the types of fans you want your team to be characterized by – Do you want to go down the corporate route, swelling your side's coffers with all their cash, but risk alienating the fans who provide the passion and support on the terraces? Or perhaps you want to appeal to the devoted fans but risk missing out on all that lovely corporate revenue? The choice is yours!"

Allow me to introduce the facility to build, and expand your team's stadium.

The stadium is the heart of any club, it's where the fans flock for every home game and as such provides the backdrop for the battles on the pitch with the fans pouring out their passion, support (and money) from the kick off until the final whistle. Your stadium in FML is no different and how you choose to construct it, and the type of fans you attract to your games, will have a huge effect on how your team develops.

Last time around we discussed supporters and how each team will attract different types of fans so now, with that in mind we will look at how a stadium is constructed, and how to make the most of each type of supporter.

<h3 style="padding-top: 0pt;">Infrastructure</h3> The best way to think about a stadium in FML (and in fact all of the infrastructures in the game) is as a nested series of 'boxes' into which other elements can be slotted in. A stadium consists of 4 of these elements (the 4 stands) into which other elements can be added (seating, corporate boxes, advertising and so on). What type of elements to choose, and what to slot into each of them, will be what characterises your stadium and will influence the sort of atmosphere generated there, the match day income for the team and so on. An example, based on Cracklington Terriers (my GW2 side) is listed below…

My side is a relatively successful one, we have a 3 and a half star reputation and traditionally finish 4th in the XFA Premier League (much like my real life club, Liverpool). As a result of this, and our reputation for flamboyant football we are popular with 'Sideshow' supporters and families as well as attracting a significant number of Glory Hunter and Corporate fans. We have a lower than average number of Devoted fans and almost no Die Hard supporters.

With that in mind my first choice with the stadium is whether to cater for my existing fan base and make the most of them, or whether to attempt to influence the types of fans coming to matches simply by constructing a stadium that appeals to them. For now, I think I will build a stadium to make the most of my existing fans, they have played a big part in the club's (modest) success to date so the last thing I want to do is turn my back on them!

<h3 style="padding-top: 0pt;">Create your own</h3> So, I know what type of supporters I have, and I know that I can attract around 40,000 fans to each game – I think I'm set to start building!

The first decision to make is in actually building the stands themselves. Each stand has a cost (of course) and a number of the aforementioned 'slots.' Looking at the list I decide to build 3 "Two-Tiered 'Gambero' Stand I" stands and one grandstand(ish) which will be the 'Three-Tiered 'Mercantile' Stand II.' Now, with the stands in place I can start filling them up with seating and other bits and pieces.

The three 'Gambero' stands each have 7 seating blocks, 2 advertising blocks and one block for Corporate Seating whilst my grand stand has 10 seating blocks and 4 advertising blocks (although the Mercantile flavour of stand has no corporate slots it makes up for it with an extra advertising slot – let the cash flow!)

As mentioned before I have a number of corporate fans so I quickly fill up the corporate box slots, 2 x 'Flauta' Corporate Box' (the basic box) and one 'Exclusif' Corporate Box (for the uber-elite.) I also quickly fill up all my advertising slots with Electronic Ad Boards – the devoted fans won't be happy with all the flashing ads distracting them from the game, but they won't mind so much when we've bought our way to the title….I hope! *gulp*

So now we have seating for a total of *drum roll* 1,406 people, all in corporate hospitality. Hmmm, it may be time to construct some proper seating!

Even though my side attracts a relatively low number of Devoted fans compared to the average for the game world they still make up the bulk of my total fan base. As a result I need to build some relatively affordable seats, comfort isn't so much of a worry as they'll be standing up most of the time anyway!

I decide I want as many of my devoted fans in the grand stand as possible so I fill 5 blocks there with 'Astilla' Seating – the cheapest of the seats (to buy and in terms of ticket prices.) My grand stand now holds an impressive 20,800 people, with 5 blocks still free for further expansion down the line.

The other stands each have 7 seating blocks so I go for 2 'Astilla' Seating seating blocks in each as well as 2 x 'Pieghevole' Seating (nicer seating for the families and glory hunters who spend a little more cash and spend a little longer sat down) and 1 x 'Di Lusso' Seating (the best seats in the house for those who are rich enough for the best seats, but not rich enough for the boxes).

Each of these stands therefore has a total capacity of 8,219 meaning a total seating capacity for the stadium of 45,456 and plenty of room to expand. I also have a decent spread of seating to appeal to each type of fan. A breakdown is listed below.

Seat Type Capacity Ticket Price Astilla Seating 32,800 £29 Pieghevole Seating 9,375 £40 Di Lusso Seating 3,282 £52 Flauta Seating 1,125 £225 Exclusif Corporate Box 281 £450 Okay, I'm pretty happy with that, all I need to do now is find the money to build the stadium! I'd better get saving those pennies!!

Viitorul suna bine ! ;)

Poate unii dintre voi nu stiti, dar beta testing-ul exista inca in FML, desi s-au lansat deja 4 GW-uri cu plata. A mai ramas un singur GW pt beta testers : GW24.

Unul dintre acesti beta testeri ne-a marturisit noile feature-uri deja testate cu succes acolo. Desi par minore, aceste imbunatatiri vor reduce simtitor numarul exploit-urilor :

Maximum Loan Wage Contribution

Si(sport interactive) have introduced a maximum loan wage contribution of 50%, so that the owning club always bear some of the financial burden of the players they own. This discourages cases where managers might buy someone at reckless wages, loan them out for 7 days, and then sell them.

Daily Income

For teams on less than 100k wages, the range of possible daily income according to their reputation ranges from a minimum of whatever their wages are plus 10%, up to a maximum of 300k. This compares with the normal range of a minimum of 100k up to a maximum of 300k. This is to ensure that teams who have low wages are still able to achieve good income if their reputation is good enough, but teams who have low wages and don't attempt to compete, or compete only at youth level, and thus have a low reputation, don't receive more income than is reasonable. Si have also fixed a bug in daily income system where a team on just below 100k could earn more than a team with wages above 100k, if they had the same reputation.

Trialling Players

Si have added a restriction preventing the trialling of players who have Acquisition Fee's of 100k plus. This will help to prevent the mad rush at the beginning to trial all the best players and gain an early advantage in the rankings.

Competition Prize Money

Si have also limited the maximum prize money that can be awarded to one club in friendly competitions to 50k (competitions up to 16 teams), 100k (competitions up to 32 teams), and 250k (competitions above 32 teams).

Acestea vor fi introduse o data cu lansarea versiunii 1.0.1, la inceputul anului viitor.

Se pare ca in seara asta vor da drumul la 1.0.1., dar doar cu o parte din imbunatatiri. Iata ce ne zice Marc Duffy :

Announcing : FML v1.0.1 Due to be released this evening, the following is updated in this release.

*** introduced a maximum loan wage contribution of 50%, so that the owning club always bears some of the financial burden of the players they own which discourages cases where they might buy someone at reckless wages, loan them out for 7 days, and then sell them.

*** a team now has to be over its OD for a total of 3 days (cumulatively over the projection period) in order for a veto to occur. This addresses the issue where a team momentarily exceeds the limit and the bank vetoes, which is overly harsh.

*** for teams on less than 100k wages, the range of possible daily income according to their reputation ranges from a minimum of whatever their wages are plus 10%, up to a maximum of 300k. This compares with the normal range of a minimum of 100k up to a maximum of 300k. This is to ensure that teams who have low wages are still able to achieve good income if their reputation is good enough, but teams who have low wages and don't attempt to compete, or compete only at youth level, and thus have a low reputation, don't receive more income than is reasonable.

*** fixed bug in enhanced daily income system where a team on certain wages just below 100k could earn more than a team with wages above 100k, if they were on the same reputation.

*** added a restriction preventing trialing a player who has an AF of 100k upwards.

*** limited the maximum prize money that can be awarded to one club in a friendly competition to 50k (competitions up to 16 teams), 100k (competitions up to 32 teams), and 250k (competitions above 32 teams).

Features now in testing!!!

New Features

Below is a list of new features currently being tested for release in Patch 1.1 due early 2008

Chat - implemented new 'TV Lounge' chat room; in here the main section of the chat panel displays the live goals and incidents from around the Game World as they happen, and after displaying each clip returns to showing the latest scores until the next clip is broadcast.

Chat - enhanced the market place chat room to include an area reserved for users to place adverts. This space displays one advert at a time for the duration the user in question is online.

Club Bio – Every team now attracts different numbers of different types of fans based on their style of play, their reputation etc. Each of these types of fan have their own characteristics and bring certain advantages and disadvantages to the club – clubs may now tailor their style of to attract different types of fan and must also ensure that the fans they have are well catered for in order to get the biggest advantage possible from their support.

FAs, Competitions & Votes - Important change! introduced a hidden FA ranking which is used as the new basis for updating team reputations instead of using the World Rankings. This basically means that team reputation and thus daily income are now based on your FA performances only, the intention being to increase the emphasis on FA competitions and lessen the importance of the World Rankings. The World Rankings still exist in their current form but are now purely cosmetic.

FAs, Competitions & Votes - implemented a new alternative competition playing mode - 'Quick Play'. A Quick Play competition will automatically setup or auto resolve matches every 10 minutes until the competition ends. This is intended for competitions that are meant to run over a single session to the end.

FAs, Competitions & Votes - added a column to the league table views which shows each team's AI match % in the competition as a whole.

FAs, Competitions & Votes - added a column to the league table views which shows each team's AI match % in the competition as a whole.

FAs, Competitions & Votes - added a tab on the Goal of the Week votes which shows goals that have been nominated for consideration for the forthcoming award.

FAs, Competitions & Votes - added small cash incentive prize for one user chosen at random out of the users that voted for the winning goal in the Goal of the Week vote.

Finances - Important change! implemented "Tax on Profit" system. Tax is now paid when the media deals are announced (24 hours before season starts) on the profit made during the preceding season. First 1m profit is tax free, 1m - 2m profit @ 20%, 2m - 5m profit @ 30% 5m + profit @ 40%. Please note - this system will kick-in from the start of the next season.

Finances - Important change! following on from the above, expanded the tax on profit system so that a separate set of tax bands are applied to profits made from competitions in a season (prize money - entry fees).

The bands are as follows: 0-500k profit - 0% tax, 500k - 1m profit - 20% tax, 1m - 2m profit - 40% tax, 2m + profit - 60% tax. In particular, this is to limit how rich a club can become in a short space of time by winning lots of unofficial competitions (though the tax is applied to all competitions including official ones).

Game World Champions – Inspired by the Unofficial Football World Championships between international teams (http://www.ufwc.co.uk/ ) there is now a similar system in FML in which the first match in a game world becomes the first title match, with the game world championship title then being defended in subsequent matches by the champion. If a user does not defend their title for 24 hours then it is vacated with the next match played becoming the title match.

Infrastructure – There is now a system within the game that supports the construction of infrastructure around your team. In this first release the ability to build and expand your team’s stadium is included which the user themselves is able to do, or they can get the ‘SI Construction Company’ to build it for them. For users who want to build themselves there are a number of Infrastructure related skills now included in the game to help them along.

Match - added 'Distance Covered' stats to individual players and for each team, to show how far players have been running during the course of a match. Displayed as km or miles according to your 'Measurement Unit' setting in your preferences.

Match - added a 'Comment' field to the player stats panels which gives an insight into each players' performance and also their current mentality (e.g. over confident, angry, etc)

Match - added the ability for a user to save their favourite match clips forever

Match - added mini-pitch to the tactics page during a match, so managers can keep track of what is happening while making formation or team instruction changes.

Match - added a panel that shows where all the shots were taken from during the match for each team. Clicking on a location then plays the associated match clip.

Match - added the ability to copy and paste match clip links.

Miscellaneous - added average age to team profile panel (next to Total Wages) and player list panel (at the bottom of the list.)

Miscellaneous - enhanced player profile so that it shows how many interested clubs there are in the player, which is basically how many shortlists he is currently on. In addition, added a new column 'Interested Clubs' to the player lists allowing full viewing, sorting and filtering of this information across all players in the GW.

Miscellaneous - added 'Goals Per Game' and 'Assists Per Game' stats to the player stats tab on the player page.

Miscellaneous- added 'Assists Per Game' to all the player lists as an additional viewable and filterable column.

Miscellaneous - improved the player 'Progression' tab so that there are now two graphs below the attribute selection panel; to the left it shows changes in attributes during the past 4 weeks, and to the right it shows the career attribute changes. This helps the user track shorter term changes aswell as longer term career ones.

News & Mail - when a manager signs-in, all news items from previous days are now moved into a series of daily "Round-Up" news items each of which contains an abbreviated version of each news item, arranged in groups, with a 'More' link to allow opening the full original news item. The intention is to reduce the number of news items confronting a user who hasn't signed-in for a few days.

News & Mail - added an 'Ignore...' option for a news item which acts similarly to a traditional email spam filter and can be used to force specific categories of news item to be filtered into an 'Ignored' folder and marked as read rather than arrive in the standard 'Received' folder. For example if you don't want to receive news items about injuries to players on your shortlist then choose 'Ignore...' on one of these news items and it will prevent these from cluttering up your inbox in future and move all existing such news items to the 'Ignored' folder right away. NB this system only works for news items issued after this release.

News & Mail - added a 'Draft' mail message folder allowing you to save an unlimited number of mails-in-progress which can be edited and then eventually sent when so desired.

Ranking & Awards - Implemented the following manager awards, Managers’ Manager of the Season, Manager of the Season, Community Manager of the Season and Most Improved Manager of the Season. Both the Managers’ Manager of the Season and Community Manager of the Season awards are driven by user nominations, the other two are automatically awarded.

Rankings & Awards - Users can now nominate goal clips for the forthcoming Goal of the Week awards from the match clip list or when watching a match clip replay.

Setup & Initial Squad - Important change! the system now preselects a provisional squad for all users prior to a GW first opening on launch day. Using enhanced code, this will generate fair and balanced 20-man squads for all teams, ensuring the average ability of all teams is optimum and as equal as possible for the money available. Users can either confirm this squad, make changes, or run the auto selector again, but the intention now is that these squads are good enough to be usable by the majority of users who want to get started, and indeed better than most people will be able to assemble manually.

Setup & Initial Squad - Important change! as part of the above, any squads that are selected for users before they first sign-in, are set up so that the players are on 7 day provisional contracts. However, once they first sign-in, they are reduced to 24 hours as normal. This is to allow some flexibility on GW launch and more time for users to sign-in for the first time, without their automatically selected squad expiring.

Tactics & Team - when changing to standard or previously-saved tactics, FML now optimizes your team selection to suit the new tactics, rather than leave players wildly out of position. In effect it re-picks the 11 players according to the new formation. This applies both inside and outside the match and is intended to make changing to different formations more user-friendly.

Tactics & Team - added a 'blank canvas' tactic with all instructions and sliders set to defaults - ideal for building a new tactic upon.

Transfers - Added the ability to do either part of full player exchanges, with up to 10 players being offered in a deal for another player.

Transfers - Important change! implemented player agent fees; all transfers of players between clubs via transfer auctions or private bids are now subject to the player's agent taking a 10% fee. This fee is an additional fee payable by the buying club and is on top of any transfer fee agreed by the clubs (either a private bid or via a transfer auction).

Transfers - Important change! when you sign a player in a wage auction, with the exception of a contract renewal, a signing-on fee is now payable to the player of 10 x the wage he is on.

Transfers - Important change! if you sign another club's player in a wage auction then an automatic sell-on percentage now applies for 1 season, starting at 100% and falling by 25% each week. Similarly, if you sign a player in your initial squad or a free agent via a wage auction, then an early-sale tax applies similarly to the above, i.e. starting at 100% and falling by 25% each week.

User Interface - added preference option to dock the menu bar either above or below the page title, so people can choose the layout which they prefer.

User Interface - added an option to the preferences to hide the bookmarks bar, so that users who don't wish to use it can make use of the extra space.

So another big change for verision 1.1 will be the implementation of a TV Lounge.

Basically the TV lounge is just another general Chat Room similar to lobby but with a big difference.

The top half of the chat room is a screen which shows incidents from games taking place all round the gameworld.

I like the idea of having another general chat room as sometimes the lobby can be busy with everyone talking about one thing and other people not getting a chance to get in and have their say on something.

With the TV lounge this creates another chatroom and another area in which people can chat away about all sorts of general nonsense, I would like to think it will become the new home for chatters as people watch some of the key moments from games all around the gameworld.

We understand from SI mastermind Ov Collyer that Football Agents will be entering Football Manager Live shortly.

It is our understanding that the agents will be taking a 10% fee from the purchasing club on all Transfers.

This would mean that should a team agree to pay £1,000.000 for a player they will infact part with £1,100.000. Netting the selling team the agreed 1mil and the Football agent a nice £100,000

With this change due for introduction in the future it just goes to prove that SI are constantly on the ball with adapting the game and bringing in changes.

It further goes to prove what alot of greedy agents thier are in Football along with greedy players.

Long gone the days of players wanting to play for the team they followed as a lad.

Its all about the money and fame these days. What a shame.

Another planned addition for release in the 1.1 Patch due for release early 09

So how will it work it is our understanding from comments made by Ov Collyer that the signing on Fee will be payable when a player signs from a wage auction.

The Signing on Fee is going to be x10 the daily wage of a player. For Example if you sign a player on £100,000 a day you will then need to pay the player a signing on fee of £1,000,000.00 in addition to the Acquisiton Fee payable.

Mr Collyer had the following to say regarding the purpose behind this addition to the game.

"As a general inflationary control, to make people think twice on what wages they bid, and to act as a disincentive to buying a player with the aim of a very short-term profit"

This should in my personal view help control the wages people are prepared to pay for some players.

The signing on fee is payable when signing a player in a free agent wage auction or when signing a player in an end of contract auction.

Another great step forward in the right direction for FML

II astept si pe beta testeri cu impresiile lor si noi noutati.

Asta ultima e tare, deja m-am lovit de ea, ştii că îmi place să iau juniori şi să-i cresc sau să-i vând la suprapreţ, de când cu această taxă de 10x wage-ul dai pe taxă mai mult decât pe jucător :D

Nu va mai merge nici bişniţa cu jucători luaţi la wage auction pe final de sezon, dacă dai 40-50.000 salar la un meseriaş trebuie să dai şi taxa de 4-500.000, e bună măsura asta, va încuraja lumea să fie atentă ce şi cu cât cumpără şi va pune piedici bişniţei :)

Un nou feature va fi introdus o data cu versiunea 1.1., de data aceasta fiind "importat" din FM2009 :

During the match you can now look at the ratings screen which now includes a little comment on how a player is playing these comments can include the following :-

Playing OK

Playing with confidence

Deserved his goal

His mistake led to the goal

Furious

Angry

Having a good game

Having a bad game

Looking Motivated

Looking Wound up

• 2 weeks later...

Inca doua imbunatatiri aduse in v1.1 :

Transfer Bid Restrictions

Version 1.1 is now entering the final stage of Beta Testing which means it is basically pretty much feature locked now.

I thought I would just mention one of the additions to 1.1 that we have not yet covered and that is the restriction Transfer Bids below market value. Managers are no longer able to make transfer bids which are below 75% of the players Market Value.

This will help the mods and gameworld managers who are always looking into transfer dealings, with this addition it means its no longer possible for players to be sold for a £1 in private Transfers.

Manager of the Season Awards

A really nice addition in 1.1 is the new Manager of the Season awards, there are four in total and they are as follows :

1. Manager of the Season. This is generated by the Game
  2. Most Improved Manager of the Season. This is also generated by the Game
  3. Managers Manager of the Season. Every Manager within the gameworld gets to nominate a Manager who they feel has been the Best Manager of the Season.
  4. Community Manager of the Season. Every Manager within the gameworld gets to nominate a manager who they feel has done the best for the community within their Gameworld. This could be someone who has maybe set up a Gameworld newspaper, or someone who has been extremely helpful within the Game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • MentholBoy
Here are some of the changes that may well be of most interest to managers:

v1.1.2 introduces the concept of a youth activity rating, which runs alongside the senior activity rating and is used for youth matches (as well as fitness processing for U21 players). This should be considered good news by our game's dedicated youth managers! The rating is based on and indeed only applies to youth games (ie those classified as U21 matches or younger). This means that a youth playing in a senior game would be subject to the effects of your senior activity rating, for instance.

The original commercial skill boosts Daily Income at a rate of 2% per level. Because the new financial model (which splits Stadium and Daily Income) caps daily income at a maximum of 25% of its former value (£75,000 vs £300,000 - £300,000 is now your maximum Stadium Income), GameWorlds running under or switching to the new economic model (with Stadium Income) will see the boost the commercial skill provides quadrupled to 8% per level. This compensates for the fact that the daily income is quartered and ensures the same boost in actual cash in both economic models. Good news for all our Management skillset fans!

There are also some particularly handy tweaks in v1.1. In Stadiums, the construction company selected on the 'Edit Details' dialog is now remembered from one session to the next, allowing a default to be set. Squad Happiness has been refined, especially in situations where players were formerly becoming upset despite the fact their teams were performing well. A memory issue that slightly slowed the game for a few users has been resolved, as has the scenario which saw player ages for regens, under some circumstances, increase by more than one year at the end of a season.

We hope these changes continue to enhance your FML experience. Go to http://manual.footballmanagerlive.com/?q=node/253 for the full 1.1.2 changelist.

• 1 month later...

Interface

- Fixed some possible memory corruption on some of the transfer popups when displaying sell-on % information, and in the join FA confirmation popup caused by some Ov Collyer specials

Finances

- club financial projections weren't correctly taking account into account the changed made recently to early sale taxes; they were only looking at the future profit % payable to a previous club, not the additional tax element.

Transfers and Loans

- prevented loaning out established players within one game year of having signed them. An established player is a player on a wage of at least 10k or who is aged 25 or over, i.e. the same criteria used for determining the minimum loan period allowed.

- players on loan now no longer contribute, reputation-wise, to either their owning club or their loaned-to club's reputation. This eliminates a discrepancy where a top player could be loaned-out for long periods of time, and the owning club benefitted re

utation-wise, and thus financially. The loaning-in club doesn't receive the benefit either, to avoid a situation where clubs can loan-in top players at a low wage contribution, for no fee, and ontop of that gain extra daily income through the player's rep

tation.

News

- 3438 - When an FA Organiser uses the FA Organisers mailing list the mail arrives in the discussions list.

Player Progression

- Made some changes so younger players should now progress slightly faster (in most cases)

For more information and for news and support visit <www.footballmanagerlive.com:url#www.footballmanagerlive.com>.

Un preview al versiunii 1.2 aflata in beta:

Since the January release of v1.1, much of the work has been in tidying up loose ends and closing loopholes that you, the good subscribers, have been busy reporting to us.

When we eventually got round to discussing our plans for the next major release we had a number of things in mind but the underlying message that we wanted to put out was that we’re focussing heavily on creating a solid platform for the game and this would mean a lot of time spent polishing, tweaking and bug fixing as many areas of the game as possible.

The first area to get our attention was the contacts system. Adding a contact was a one way thing whereby you could pick a member of your gameworld, add him to your list and be notified when he signed in or out and played matches.

Not bad but since we’re already investing a lot of time creating our own little social network for the FML website it would be rude of us not to make the contacts / friends system a lot more like what you guys are used to.

Upgrading gameworlds

The first time you login to your gameworld after we’ve upgraded it to 1.2 you’ll be presented with a series of dialogs and screens that will allow you to upgrade your old style contacts into new style friends. This means you’ll have the chance to initiate a friend request with anyone that you are currently monitoring.

blogfml_12_d.jpg Making and responding to requests Anytime during the game you can initiate a friend request with someone else and also receive requests from your fellow managers. Don’t worry, if you decide against being friends with someone they’ll never know! blogfml_12_b.jpgConfirm as friend

Lord of the ring

How many friends you’ve got in FML is not just an extension to your manhood, it’s a circle of trust. Fellow friends can see your skills and importantly get notification of exactly what you’re up to on a day to day, minute-by-minute basis. In addition, they’ll know when you are online and who you are playing in a match. When you want to create a competition or even a vote you’ll get the chance to invite some or all of your friends. A great way to play more matches against your mates. blogfml_12_e.jpgAdd your friends to competitions

Status updates Facebook and Twitter fans beware; this game could take over your life even more than it already has! The old style status system is gone and in it’s place is a very familiar ability to let the world how you are feeling, who has annoyed you today, what you ate for breakfast, dinner or lunch and other interesting facts about your life. These updates will be posted to all your fellow friends and eventually will appear on the FML manager pages (did I tell you already these are in development?) blogfml_12_a.jpgMarc Duffy homepage

You’re my wonderwall! If all that wasn’t enough to get you excited the final piece of the jigsaw allows you to post messages of support and love to fellow friends on their pages (in Facebook terms you might call this their wall). They’ll have the option to respond and suitably abuse you and your good nature blogfml_12_c.jpgFriends profile page

New skin

The eagle eyed amongst you will have noticed that I’m showcasing 1.2 with a new skin, titled Verdante.

Now before anyone complains that it hurts their eyes or that they don’t like it right now it’s optional and will appear via the Add-Ons section. If the reaction from the beta team is good then we’ll consider making it our default – whatever happens we’ll still be supporting the existing ‘Sapanca’ skin

The skin is developed by Chris Rice, a new member of the FML team. Chris is known for his work on some community based skins for FM as well as Cricket Coach 2007.

• 2 months later...
We’re pleased to announce that the anticipated Version 1.2 Update is planned to be released on Tuesday 30th June. There is likely to be an extended period of downtime planned that could see the game unavailable from 6am until 4pm (GMT) – although we hope to have all gameworlds up and running before then.

We will confirm the exact timings before the end of this week.

1.2 is the next major FML update. As always with a full update, there's plenty of exciting stuff to look forward to. A full changelist can be found on the manual.

The Football Manager Live Team

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
In line with the constantdevelopment model of Football Manager Live, work on the 1.4 updatebegan even before the release of the 1.3 version to live game worlds.Utilising the three beta worlds currently available for FML testing,one game world (Miller) is used to constantly progress the newestfuture developments, and the other two (Horton and Coppell) are used totest any required interim updates to fix minor issues revealed once thecurrent update code is released to live worlds.

Often though, a number of the bigger changes are discussed in depthin the beta forums before any code is written, and 1.4 has a number ofgame defining changes that have gone through this process.

Club Reputation

Not necessarily what some people would consider a major feature, butthe proposed changes to the way club reputation will be calculated in1.4 will have a big impact on clubs and the way we play. The new systemhas some dramatic differences, first up the financial element isremoved completely. The portion allotted from players reputation andability is unchanged, so it remains valuable to sign players of bothhigh reputation and high ability.

The big change comes in the element determined through competitionmatches, under the new system only a limited number of competitionswill impact on your reputation. The new system utilises a larger range(1-20, instead of 5 stars) and each of the major competitions in yourFA (your main league and two cups), and major UFFA competitions aregiven a range of values dependant on finishing position.

Individual match results are no longer relevant in their own right,it’s the final position you achieve in a competition that willdetermine your reputation and on a weighted scale these results overthe previous three seasons will determine the bulk of your clubsreputation.

New Injury System

One of the most requested changes, and one that almost made into1.3, is the removal of injuries from friendly competitions. 1.4 willfinally deliver a new injury system that focuses more on getting peopleto play more matches, rather than rewarding match avoidance.

The new injury system works in tandem with the above reputationchanges, it’s only from matches in the major competitions in your FAthat injuries will stick, all other matches will still have the samelevel of “in match” injuries but they won’t stick after the match. Inaddition to this it’s only those major competitions that areunavailable to injured players, so if your star player is injured hecan still play in other competitions or friendly matches.

Training injuries have been ramped up though; one of those areas ofthe game that hasn’t been working as it should of to date, some newchanges here will see more injuries developed in training. This isstill being tweaked in beta at present but the aim is to approachsimilar levels to real life training injuries, again though theseinjuries are only relevant to players when it comes to the majorreputation based competitions.

Physiotherapy skills have an added bonus coming too, each level ofskill will reduce the chances of injuries sticking or developing in thefirst place, along with continuing their impact in reducing the lengthof injuries.

Youth Academy

Youth academies are the big feature many have been waiting for andthe changes proposed here will make a huge difference to all teams.Important to note though that academies will not come as a completedfeature into 1.4. This area of the game is likely to receive ongoingadjustment over a few upgrades, but the basic elements of it are likelyto appear in the 1.4 upgrade.

Not much to see of this in beta at present, the basic outline hashad a lot of discussion though. In essence the new system will offeryou the opportunity to utilise both your scouting skills(for location) as well as an opportunity to throw cash (money sink).Based on those elements the large proportion of new regen players (70%+) will appear directly into the academy of a particular club, whereyou will have time to decide whether to keep the player or release themto the free agent list. Other players will still appear as free agentsand the coming changes to how potential is judged will impact how theseplayers are picked up.

Judging Potential

The judging potential skill points will be refunded!

A major change to this skill, possibly including a renaming or evena splitting into more skills will see any points (time) spent on thisto date will be refunded, and the option to regain or not as the playerchooses.

From 1.4 onwards it will now take time to assess players potential,the time required (7-28 days) will be based on the level of skill youhave, along with the degree of accuracy of that assessment. After 2days you will receive a preliminary assessment based on 25% of yourskill level

The addition of an assessment list for players not at your squad animportant element of the assessment list is the more players you haveon it (once you go over 10) the longer it will take to assess any ofthem, so if you list 30 players it will take three times as long toassess them.

Players at your own club do not need to be added to the list though,but will be assessed at the flat rate as long as they are training. Youwill now be able to train an additional 10 players at your club, takingthe number of training places to 60.

-change it so thatplayers now age at the end of the season rather than the start of theseason, and adjusted competition eligibility rules to be based on theage of a player when the competition was started, not his current age. - 1.4 Change List

Match Plans

A big discussion on some suggested changes to the match plans,nothing determined as yet but much of the discussion focuses onsubstitutions and the addition of at least being able to preset thecondition level at which substitutions are made. Some of the otherareas discussed for further improvement are pitch dimensions andoptions to set plans based on opponents opening formation.

CPU Teams

Good news for those sensible enough to recognise the importance of aprogression system in the football association structures. The additionof the option to add CPU teams to the league structure in FA’s shouldenable a more stable deep tiered structure to these competitionswithout the frustration of constantly moving clubs up and down tiersbecause of changes in the number of active clubs.

Reward Points

No more friendly money comps! Another big change that’s welloverdue, the removal of prize money from all friendly competitions willsee the end of DYM’s and other types of competitions designed toexploit newer users. Not a huge addition for older worlds, some mayeven see it as a negative, but for any new worlds in the future this isa major change toward levelling the playing field between experiencedand inexperienced users.

In it’s place matches, achievements and missions now bring rewardpoints (tokens), that can be used to purchase items that won’t have anaffect on the actual match play or squad strength. Whilst still in it’searly phase the Rewards Shop offers a range of ‘fluff’ elements thatcan be purchased, new shirt options, new pitch designs, mascots, etc.

A good addition in this system will see only “live” matchesrewarded, that is you need to be online when the match is played toearn your share of the reward points. That is also tempered byweighting the value of rewards per match over the course of a week,which will prevent the ‘hardcore’ from amassing huge amounts of pointseach week.

Challenges

Following on from the introduction of CPU Teams in 1.3, the additionof Challenges (missions) sees an expansion in the ways you can testyour squad against these teams. Another area of the game that will seeadditions over time, the initial range is quite comprehensive though. Asolid range of challenges that see your team gradually progress toharder and harder competitions against the CPU teams. This looks a goodaddition for those who find the game worlds quiet and seek more to do,a good step forward in amalgamating PvsE elements into Football ManagerLive.

Each of the challenges has a value in terms of reward points andthis makes them valuable for all users to have a go at, one area stillunder discussion is whether failing a challenge should also receive apenalty in terms of reward points which would increase the risk/rewardelement of play.

These represent the primary additions being discussed forintroduction in the 1.4 update, as they are still very much in betatesting there is always the option that changes will be made to them orthey may not be ready in time for the update. When each is confirmedfor 1.4 I’ll provide a more detailed overview, but for now you havesome idea on what is coming.

Release date for 1.4 – Still to early for any definite dates onthis, but considering the intended rate of upgrades we should belooking somewhere around mid January for this.

If we align that with an expectation of more publicity for FootballManager Live in the new year (after FM2010 has it’s turn), then thechanges will have an important effect on the future of the game. Themore opinions generated through the official forums on all of these issues, the better for everyone.

Archived